Hayastan All-Armenian Fund continues to support Syrian-Armenian communityHayastan All-Armenian Fund continues to provide vital assistance to the Syrian-Armenian community, which has suffered considerable losses since the start of the Syrian civil war.
The fund launched its aid program for Syrian-Armenians in August 2012, by establishing special bank accounts through which donors worldwide can make contributions in support of the struggling community. The accounts were opened on the recommendation of Armenian president Serzh Sargsyan, who also serves as the president of the Hayastan All-Armenian Fund Board of Trustees.
To date, with donations made through these bank accounts, the fund has underwritten the Aleppo-Yerevan-Aleppo air travels of Syrian-Armenians who seek refuge in Armenia, and carried out much needed medical and educational projects. Through the latter two types of initiatives, which were proposed by Armenia’s Ministry of Diaspora, the fund has sponsored emergency surgeries for two Syrian-Armenians, and continues to cover the annual tuitions of 69 Syrian-Armenian students who currently attend various colleges and universities in the homeland.
The following is the list of these institutions and their respective numbers of Syrian-Armenian students with scholarships from the Hayastan All-Armenian Fund:
1. State Engineering University of Armenia - 11 students
2. Yerevan State University - 16 students
3. Mkhitar Heratsi Yerevan State Medical University - nine students
4. Yerevan Mashtots University - one student
5. Yerevan State University of Architecture and Construction - 13 students
6. Armenian State University of Economics - one student
7. Khachatur Abovyan Armenian State Pedagogical University - two students
8. Yerevan State Humanitarian College - one student
9. European Regional Educational Academy - three students
10. Scientific Center of the National Academy of Sciences - two students
11. National Academy of Fine Arts - two students
12. French University in Armenia Foundation - one student
13. Komitas Yerevan State Conservatory - six students
14. Yerevan State Academy of Fine Arts - one student
download Western Armenian version
Minibus is donated to Children’s Home of Gyumri
Twenty computers donated to the College of Informatics in Yerevan
American elected officials appeal for support of Hayastan All Armenian Fund Telethon
With 700,000 donors worldwide, Hayastan All-Armenian Fund is among organizations most trusted by supporters
Driver Aram. "During these 25 years I was not only a driver, but also a photographer, a project manager and so on..."
Constructing One School, Furnishing Two In Kashatagh Region, Artsakh
The 31st Homeless Family In Gyumri Received An Apartment
Doctors From Glendale Performed Free Surgeries At Noyemberyan Hospital
Millenials of Khachardzan Met the Argentinean-Armenian Benefactors
A Kindergarten Opened In Noragyugh, Artsakh