NEWS News Archive2004-11-02
Grants to NGOs
In September 2004, by the initiative of the Hayastan All-Armenian Fund and the Centre for Public Dialogue NGO the first Small Grants project was launched. The goal of the project is to support the NGOs. About 100 NGOs from Yerevan as well as from the regions of Armenia submitted applications. Many of them were joint project proposals.In September 2004, by the initiative of the Hayastan All-Armenian Fund and the Centre for Public Dialogue NGO the first Small Grants project was launched. The goal of the project is to support the NGOs. About 100 NGOs from Yerevan as well as from the regions of Armenia submitted applications. Many of them were joint project proposals.
In total, 77 applications were submitted involving the following project areas:
Civil society and human rights;
Education, health care and healthy life-style, culture;
Regional cooperation, Karabakh conflict;
New perspectives for the Armenia-Diaspora cooperation
After a careful examination the specialists of the Hayastan Fund and the Centre for public Dialogue selected 11 proposals presented by the following organizations:
1. Center for Freedom and Rights NGO
2. Khnamk NGO
3. Foundation for Civil and Social Development NGO
4. Caucasian Center of Peacemaking Enterprise: NGO in cooperation with NKR Young Democrats NGO
5. Modern Generation NGO
6. Lori Development Center NGO in cooperatopn with Lori Branch of the Armenian National Scout orfanization NGO and Trichk NGO and Temporary shelter NGO
7. All-Armenian center for long-term projects NGO
8. INCREASE Women Joint Council NGO
9. The Future is Yours NGO
10. Areg Scientific-Cultural Youth Association NGO in cooperation with Center of Legal Assistance AIB NGO
11. Union of Artists of Armenia
The winning organizations will start project implementation from November 1, 2004.
Grants were awarded in the following areas.
1. Civil society and human rights 4 projects
2. Health care and healthy life-style 3 projects
3. Education 2 projects
4. Ecology 1 project
5. Culture 2 projects
There were no winners in the other areas.
This is the first project of Hayastan All-Armenian Fund directed to the development of the civil society institute in Armenia and Nagorno Karabakh.
The successful implementation of the current project will create an opportunity to undertake similar projects in future as well.
« Back to search results