The bulk of the support has been provided by the fund’s affiliates in France, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Lebanon, Sweden, and Holland, and Armenia Fund, Inc. through the 2012 and 2013 Telethons; as well as a number of Armenia-based and diaspora benefactors and organizations including Hirair Hovnanian, Ara Abrahamyan, Petak LLC, HayRusGasArd CJSC, the Galustanian Raffi Charitable Center, Judges of the Republic of Armenia, RA NAS Institute of History, Banants Football Club, Kara-Murza State Musical College of Gyumri, and Turvand LLC.
The Hayastan All-Armenian Fund has provided the following amounts for programs and projects to assist the Syrian-Armenian community:
• 17,742,000 AMD to pay for two refugee flights between Aleppo and Yerevan;
• 35,683,398 AMD to cover the tuitions of 120 Syrian-Armenian students attending over a dozen colleges and universities in the homeland;
• 35,683,398 AMD to pay for 39 heart surgeries;
• 1,525,000 AMD to cover the costs of nine funerals;
• 5,652,000.6 AMD to defray the costs of healthcare and medicines for 19 families.
• 27,606,000 AMD to pay the salaries of teachers at Aleppo’s Armenian schools;
• 270,708,715.56 AMD in urgent assistance, disbursed to the Catholicosate of the Great House of Cilicia, the Armenian Embassy in Lebanon, and the Syrian-Armenian Emergency and Rehabilitation Committee.
“The once-thriving Armenian community of Syria needs our support today, and each and every one of us must do our utmost to be of help,” said Ara Vardanyan, the Hayastan All-Armenian Fund’s executive director, and continued, “To date, we have been able to provide comprehensive assistance to our Syrian-Armenian compatriots, in Syria and Armenia alike, thanks to the contributions of Armenians across the globe. But we must bear in mind that only by providing continued support will it be possible to help ease the ongoing plight of our Syrian-Armenian sisters and brothers.”
The Hayastan All-Armenian Fund continues to accept donations for assisting Syrian-Armenians. Only through worldwide Armenian support will the pan-national organization be able to build on existing assistance projects and launch new ones.
Donations, designated by the donor as “Assistance to Syrian-Armenians,” can be made to one of the two following bank accounts at ARDSHINBANK:
Hayastan All-Armenian Fund.